Ph.D. in Food Technology
The Ph.D. in Food Technology at DBUU isn't just about mastering food science principles and lab techniques. It's a transformative journey where you'll explore the cutting-edge frontiers of food research, guided by renowned faculty and industry experts. Immerse yourself in the science of food systems, from the farm to the fork, and delve into areas like:
- Food chemistry and biochemistry: Unravel the intricate molecular dance within food, understanding how processing and storage impact its nutritional value and sensory properties.
- Food microbiology and safety: Master the art of ensuring food safety by exploring microbial control strategies, spoilage prevention, and foodborne illness mitigation.
- Food processing and engineering: Design and optimize innovative food processing technologies, from novel preservation methods to sustainable packaging solutions.
- Sensory science and consumer behavior: Understand how consumers perceive food, employing sensory analysis techniques to develop delicious and marketable products.
- Nutritional science and food analysis: Explore the intricate relationship between food and health, analyzing the nutritional composition of food and developing functional foods.
This rigorous program equips you with the analytical prowess and research expertise to tackle real-world challenges in the food industry. Your dissertation will be a springboard for groundbreaking research, contributing to the development of new technologies, sustainable food production systems, and healthier food choices for all.
- 19+ years of academic experience
- Focus on student-centered learning
- Aside from general coursework, students will be equipped with several certification courses
- Project-based practical pedagogy to make the students comprehend the problems in the present world
- Problem-based learning and industry-relevant curriculum
- Best placement opportunities to get placed in high-end and reputed companies
- Industrial training in reputable firms and organizations
- The privilege of 100% placement guidance and support
- Industry visits, seminars, workshops, and guest lectures by eminent researchers and industry practitioners
- Active student clubs and bodies
- The multi-cultural and vibrant teaching environment
Program Educational Objectives (PEO's)
|Become leading food scientists and researchers, contributing to the advancement of food science knowledge through impactful research and scholarly publications.
|Shape the future of food systems by developing innovative technologies and solutions for sustainable food production, processing, and consumption.
|Excel in diverse careers within the food industry, from research and development to quality control, product development, and food safety management.
|Promote lifelong learning and professional development, adapting to the evolving food science landscape and maintaining cutting-edge knowledge and skills.
|Contribute to food security and human well-being by developing nutritious and accessible food products, promoting healthy eating habits, and addressing global food challenges.
Program Specific Objectives (PSO's)
|Conduct advanced research in food science, utilizing sophisticated analytical techniques and methodologies to address complex food-related challenges.
|Effectively communicate food science knowledge and research findings to both academic and non-academic audiences, both orally and in writing.
|Collaborate effectively within diverse teams of scientists, engineers, industry professionals, and stakeholders to develop innovative solutions for the food industry
|Demonstrate strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills, applying scientific principles to solve real-world food-related challenges.
Job Opportunities The Course Might Lead To
- Food Scientist/Researcher
- R&D Food Technologist
- Food Quality Control Specialist
- Food Safety Manager
- New Product Developer
- Food Policy Analyst
- Food Consultant