Examination Rules and Regulations
Theory Assessment System has three Components
- Continuous Internal Assessments: 50 Marks
- Mid Semester Examination: 50 Marks
- End Semester Examination: 100 Marks
Practical Assessment System has Two Components
- Continuous Internal Assessments: 70 Marks
- End Semester Examination: 30 Marks
Minimum Passing Marks is 40% but for programs under statuary council such as Pharmacy, Architecture, Nursing and Agriculture minimum passing marks is 50%.
Eligibility to Appear in the examination
- Student must clear all dues to be eligible to fill the End Semester Examination Form.
- Student must have minimum 75% attendance for appearing in the examination.
- Student is eligible to appear in the examination only if no disciplinary action is pending against her/him.
Identity & Admit Card
- Students have to carry their ID card and admit card and need to present it to Invigilator during examination.
- If in case, ID card is lost or the student forgets, students can is issue temporary ID card from the Registrar office.
- The Admit Card will be available 3 days before the scheduled start date of examination and shall be collected from the examination section/Department.
- Students without Admit Card will not be allowed to appear for the examination.
- If in case, the Admit Card is lost, a student can get a copy of Admit Card from examination section only after submitting a fee of Rs.50.
- Students should reach the examination hall 15 minutes before the scheduled start time of exam.
- The students will not be allowed to appear in the examination, if they reach the examination center after 15 minutes from the start of Mid Semester/Sessional examination and 30 minutes from start of End Semester examinations.
- No student is allowed to leave the examination hall before the commencement of examination.
- If a student falls ill and is not in a condition to complete the exam, student must inform invigilator and suitable arrangements for medical support should be made by Supervisors. The same should be notified to COE.
- Students are not allowed to take breaks in Mid Semester Examinations.
- In End Semester Examinations Students are allowed to take breaks to visit toilets / Drink Water only after the permission of Invigilator.
- Student should carry their own exam materials like Pens, Pencils, Erasers, Sharpeners, Rulers, and Calculators any other materials required for the exam.
- Exchange of exam materials among the students is strictly prohibited in the examination hall unless Invigilator permits it.
- Student should use only transparent case or pouch to carry exam materials.
- The bags and all the other materials must be placed outside the examination hall and will be self -responsible for its safety.
- Any electronic gadget (Mobile Phones, Smart Watches, and Headsets etc.) or any other material is strictly banned inside the examination hall.
Calculators with more than one displays or a programmable calculator is not permissible in the examination hall and needs to be verified by invigilator.
Disclosure of Answer Script
- Answer Scripts of all examination will be disclosed to the students, within 15 days of the declaration of results.
- Students shall be entitled to check whether all answers have been evaluated and marked, and, the marks have been correctly totaled.
- If a student feels that his answer script has not been fairly evaluated, he/she may, within 7 days from date of disclosure of answer script, apply to the Controller of Examinations in the prescribed form accompanied by the fee as prescribed.
- Two evaluators other than the one who had originally evaluated will re-evaluate the script and average of two awards shall be the final award.
Student Progression from First year to second year will be automatic irrespective of the credit earned. For Progression after 2nd year students must have earned credits as under.
- 3rd Year- Earn 50% credit (cumulative) of year 1st & 2nd
- 4th Year Earn 60% credit (Cumulative of year 1st , 2nd and 3rd
- 5th Year Earn 70% credit (cumulative) of year 1st , 2 nd 3rd and 4th
- All backlogs of 1st Year must be cleared to be attend the 3rd Year.
- All backlogs of 2nd Year must be cleared to be attend the 4th Year.
- The student shall have cleared all the previous examinations before appearing for fifth semester examination.
- The student shall have cleared all the previous examinations before appearing for seventh semester examination.