Ph.D. Environmental Science
The study of the environment in a chemical, biological, and physical context is covered by the PhD in Environmental Science programmes at one of the best PhD colleges in Dehradun, DBUU. Given that it combines social science and natural science, this is also seen as a more advanced study of energy conservation, pollution, climate change, biodiversity, the plastic menace, and global warming.
The PhD programme requires a substantial amount of coursework, seminars, and theme papers. The candidates must select a specialty for their thesis study, which is another component of the programme. Studies on the conservation of soil, forests, and biodiversity; water treatment and waste management; disaster management, etc. are included in the area of specialization. If someone is interested in practicing the discipline professionally, scientific research on the topic and consulting services are accessible.
Graduates of the Ph.D in Environmental Science programme can pursue careers in academia, government, non-profit organizations, and the private sector. They may also conduct research on emerging environmental issues such as renewable energy, sustainable agriculture, and green technology. Furthermore, they can contribute to policymaking and advocacy efforts to address the pressing environmental challenges of our time.
- 19+ years of academic experience
- Focus on student-centered learning
- Aside from general coursework, students will be equipped with several certification courses
- Project-based practical pedagogy to make the students comprehend the problems in the present world
- Problem-based learning and industry-relevant curriculum
- Best placement opportunities to get placed in high-end and reputed companies
- Industrial training in reputable firms and organizations
- The privilege of 100% placement guidance and support
- Industry visits, seminars, workshops, and guest lectures by eminent researchers and industry practitioners
- Active student clubs and bodies
- The multi-cultural and vibrant teaching environment
Job Opportunities The Course Might Lead To
Graduates of the PhD in Environmental Science have a wide variety of employment options because of the flexibility of the coursework they get. Many PhD Environmental Science job ads feature teaching and research opportunities after receiving the degree, such as Ecologist, Scientist, Consultant, Lecturer, Technician, Research Assistant, and so on. The following information relates to work opportunities for PhD environmental science graduates:
- Waste Management Director
- Environmental Journalists
- Environmental Scientist
- Environmental Scientist Manager
- Environment photographer
- Wildlife filmmaker